Bitter melon recipe in XO sauce stashed!
Parboiling the bitter melon in oil helps to remove the bitterness.
200g bitter melon
2 tbsp XO sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
- Cut the melon in half and remove the seeds and spongy white stuff in the middle
- Slice the melon thinly
- Heat up up some oil in a wok and parboil the melon pieces for 3-4 minutes on medium heat
- Remove and drain off excess oil
- Heat up a tbsp of oil and gently fry the XO sauce until fragrant
- Add the bitter melon and the seasonings
- Stir fry to mix the sauce and melon
- Remove from heat and serve